Kollagen Intensiv

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Is it OK to take collagen supplements while breastfeeding?

Question by Miss Fitness: Is it OK to take collagen supplements while breastfeeding?
I wanted to start taking collagen for my hair and to hopefully maintain the growth that took place while I was pregnant. In my first pregnancy my hair had shed REALLY BAD. Anyways, my Gyno does not seem to know much about it, but then again she advises for me not to take anything while breastfeeding (she's older and more old fashioned). Has anyone breastfeeding ever took a collagen supplement before, or does anyone have a gyno that has told them it is ok to take? Please let me know :)

Thank you


Best answer:

Answer by A
I wouldn't have thought so. Everything you take or eat goes through to the milk. If you visit a health shop they have a book they look in and they can tell you. I wouldn't chance it I don't think.



What do you think? Answer below!

1 comment:

  1. Collagen is not going to prevent your hair from falling out postpartum unless it has some magical effect on your hormones.

    I can't fine any information on it, but you might try the infantrisk website tomorrow and check with them.

    ReplyDelete