Kollagen Intensiv

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Is it safe to take collagen supplements?

Question by Carla S: Is it safe to take collagen supplements?
I´m 33 years old and I feel I´m losing the skin I once had in my youth. A friend of mine takes a collagen supplement and she really has a good skin, but I was wondering if it is safe, especially in the long term?


Best answer:

Answer by oldtimekid2
Absolutely! You already get collagen in other foods you eat like Jell-O, any of the slimy stuff that you find on meats, or many other sources, so it's perfectly safe to take a supplement form of it (which is typically a lot easier to take larger amounts of). It's great for skin health as well as joints and other connective tissues like ligaments and tendons.

It's been eaten for hundreds of years with various meat products and I wouldn't be surprised if it's been eaten for thousands of years... it's perfectly safe to take long-term



Add your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment