Kollagen Intensiv

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Will drinking collagen make a nasty scar worse than ever?

Question by riemannhyper: Will drinking collagen make a nasty scar worse than ever?
I've been drinking collagen supplement to keep my skin and hair healthy. However, I had a minor accident last month and caused me a nasty-looking scar on my knee. I've tried rubbing shea butter lotion on it every day but I wonder if my drinking of collagen prevents it from disappearing.

It's hideously dark! PLS HELP ME!! also, any ideas to make the scar look better. I don't like expensive treatments. just over the counter products.


Best answer:

Answer by drew2376
Don't tan first of all. Tanning will make it worse. Microderm abrasion has been known to lighten or fade scars. Your collagen supplements only aid in maintaining the health of your skin increasing the time table for your first wrinkle. Will have a minor effect on skin surrounding the scar tissue.



What do you think? Answer below!

1 comment:

  1. My husband had some nasty scars on his face (after a crazy lady attacked him...no kidding) and he used vitamin E oil and his scars are totally gone. He just bought the store-brand Vitamin E capsules (the kind you can take orally) and squeezed the oil out onto his scars several times/day. I've heard others swear by this as well. Mederma is another over the counter option, although its a little pricey, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete