Kollagen Intensiv

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

will taking supplements decrease my body's natural production?

Question by Me: will taking supplements decrease my body's natural production?
I bleached my hair and it's been falling out or breaking more. My friend's mom offered some collagen pills she bought for hair and nails. I'm 24, is there any risk that taking the pills will decrease my body's natural production? Or will it just add to it? I guess I'm asking does my body make it on an as needed basis, so it might make less if I already have plenty from the pills.


Best answer:

Answer by Feral
All the food we consume now are depleted of its natural resources (vitamins, minerals) due to the farming practices used now. So who knows if we are really getting the nutrients we need even if we do have a healthy diet. Taking vitamin supplements should not disrupt your natural production, as if you have an abundant amount of vitamins in your system, you will usually just pee out the excess. However, taking extra calcium could cause problems IF it's not taken with vitamin K. Vitamin K helps absorb the calcium into the proper places. Melatonin supplement may disrupt your body's natural process, but almost all melatonin supplements state on the bottle to not take for more than a week. I would suggest taking a natural prenatal vitamin, as it has biotin, vitamin B, and other vitamins that help your hair, skin, nails, and overall health.



Add your own answer in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Collagen is a protein, not a vitamin. It won't alter your natural production of it, as your body will break it down into what it needs when you digest it. If you are deficient in the amino acids collagen breaks down into, then taking it may well help. If not, then your body will flush out what it doesn't use or need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For hair growth,you need B vitamin,essential fatty acids and silica.B Complex 100.Lots of EFAS.

    ReplyDelete