Kollagen Intensiv

Monday, July 1, 2013

Are Collagen Supplements worth it?

Question by 3riCa: Are Collagen Supplements worth it?
I'm looking at a collagen dietary supplement that's relatively cheap for its serving-price ratio. It has Collagen Types 1 and 3 and it instructs me to take 6.6 (1 scoop) grams of this everyday.

So will this help my skin be softer?


Best answer:

Answer by Sur La Mer
NEVER take supplements without your doctor's OK.

Supplements, medications, anti-acne products, hair oil, birth control pills, pollution in the water, to name just a few . . . ALL HAVE SIDE EFFECTS. Watch the movie called SIDE EFFECTS. Example: "I used minoxidil drug to restore the hair on my head; however, I ended up with unwanted body hair. I don't know if it is temporary or I have to seek medical treatment." YA poster 9-27-12.

Any reactions to a drug - like Vitamin B complex which is a supplement - 'side effect' is a negative reaction to a drug - this is your body telling you that what you just gave it is toxic to it, and instead of helping you, it is actually hurting you.  It is your body's way of telling you to stop.  All drugs have side effects, and are toxic...even lethal...to some people at some dosage.  Another term for toxic is poisonous.  We owe it to ourselves to try less toxic treatments first.  Especially since too many drugs merely cover up symptoms rather than treat the underlying cause of the symptom in the first place.

Another example: Green Tea supplement: Green tea extract supplements have been linked to several cases of liver damage. Green tea extracts might make liver disease worse.

Source: Health Magazine, FDA, Slate dot com
Another example: Vitamin D posted on Facebook: "I'm regretting reading the small print on my bottle of Vitamin D capsules. The source is "wool oil." So... sheep sebum? I can't get the (hopefully imagined) smell of wet sheep out of my mouth now."

You want softer skin? Exfoliate using a wash cloth & bath & body wash each time you take a shower.
Too much soaking in the tub or pool, and the sun are skin's worst enemies. Use a wide brim hat or umbrella when you're outside.



Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment