Kollagen Intensiv

Monday, June 10, 2013

How to grow hair longer and thicker?

Question by Aaliyah: How to grow hair longer and thicker?
So, I'm thirteen years old, African-American and my hair goes to my arm-pits. My hair used to be mid-rib cage, or right below chest area, and thick. Since I had surgery for scoliosis (at ten years old) and took Oxycontin, (in the hospital and a month after for pain)it started to thin, and break off to my arm-pits. I was also basically anorexic from the pills for about 3 weeks. That would of had something to do it? It doesn't break anymore, but has been this thin and short for two and a half years now since it started to break off. I currently take collagen and B vitamins including biotin, comb my hair daily and wash it weekly. It still isn't growing (as far as I know, visually).

Is there anyway to grow my hair thick and back to that point in ...say six months?

Thanks.


Best answer:

Answer by Tammy
I'm glad your scoliosis was treated. I'm African-American too. So, I would tell you to make sure the shampoo and conditioner you are using is natural. Ex: Carol's Daughter is what I use.
Do Scalp Massages Nightly (with oil: use rosemary oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, and vitamin e oil) you can also do a scalp massage without these oils. But I reccomend doing the oils because it opens your pours and speeds up growth.
Also make sure the pills you are taking has MSM, silica, biotin of course, and folic acid.
I'm also on a a 6 month hair journey, for prom. I hope we both meet our goals. Good luck!

Btw if your doing the oil treatment, mix them together, do not add them into your hair seperatly



Give your answer to this question below!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if anything will happen significantly in six months, but keep taking the biotin. Also take vitamin c supplements. As far as daily care, comb your hair with a wide tooth comb and make sure it is well moisturized before you detangle (I don't know if your hair is natural, but if it is, you should only be detangling your hair when it is damp with water and/or it is rubbed down with a good moisturizer). You should try Carol's Daughter products if you can. They are good for African American hair. Also you want to make sure you are using a sulfate free shampoo and non-pore clogging hair oils (i.e. nothing with petroleum jelly or mineral oil). Shea butter hair products are good ( You may also want to try Shea Moisture brand products. they sell at Target). Use very little heat on your hair try not to ever wear it too tight. Also make sure to cover it at night so that cotton pillow cases do not dry it out or make the ends break off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat eggs and poultry for protein, your hair is protein so it requires it to grow. Drink plenty of water to hydrate and eat plenty almonds, fish and dark green vegetables. Give your scalp a massage every day for 10 minutes and flip your head upside down for about 2 minutes to get the blood circulating around the follicles. Also, keep your hair healthy with nourishing hair masks, I recommend an argan oil one from pro naturals, I use it a lot and my hair is longer. Biotin also helps!

    ReplyDelete