Kollagen Intensiv

Monday, June 3, 2013

I'm getting a cyst cut out and if I take certain vitamins will that speed up the healing?

Question by Michael: I'm getting a cyst cut out and if I take certain vitamins will that speed up the healing?
I'm getting a cyst cut out and I'm going to Europe around 26 days after I get it cut out. I'm going to be getting stitches and was wondering if I take certain vitamins will that speed up the healing? Like taking vitamin E and stuff like that? What vitamins should I take?
Should I take berroca with a mens daily vitamin?


Best answer:

Answer by Hygencide
Vitamin C is Important for tissue healing. Eat fruits as well. Not because of the vitamins but because fruits are pretty awesome.



What do you think? Answer below!

2 comments:

  1. Vitamins don't speed healing. You don't mention where this cysts is, I would suggest Crisco (no kidding) it is used by plastic surgeons to help the skin heal faster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vitamin C is very important in the healing process as it is required in the formation of collagen. Zinc is crucial for wound healing and developing of new cells - it has been documented that marginal zinc deficiency is associated with impaired wound healing. Vitamin A also plays a role in tissue repair.
    The optimum amounts:
    Zinc 50 mg
    Vitamin C 2000 mg
    Vitamin A 25,000 I.U.
    Vitamin E 400 I.U.
    The foods you eat also contribute, good sources for your critical healing vitamins:
    Zinc: fortified cereals, red meats, and seafood
    Vitamin C: citrus fruits and juices, strawberries, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, spinach, some cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, cabbage)
    Vitamin A: dark green, leafy vegetables, orange or yellow vegetables, orange fruits, fortified dairy products, liver
    If your daily multi-vitamin is reasonably close to these amounts there is probably no need for additional supplements. Be conservative with the amount of Zinc that you choose to take -- 50 mg might be too much for those with sensitive stomachs. If you experience any nausea drop the amount down to 25 mg.
    A high protein diet is also recommended for optimal healing, I chose to go with 60 grams of protein a day during my healing period. I hate to sound like your mother, but -- eat your fruits & veggies! Good nutrition is the best thing you can do for yourself to make healing go as quickly as possible. Skip the drive-thru and head to the sandwich shop for lunch.... It's pretty simple: stay away from all things fried.
    Drink: Water, V8 Juice, Fruit Juice, Milk/Soy Milk, protein shakes
    Eat: Whole grain breads, lean meats, eggs, veggies, pasta
    Protein: At least 2 to 3 servings per day, beef, fish, poultry, pork, veal, lamb, eggs, cheese, milk, yogurt, dried beans and peas, nuts, seeds

    ReplyDelete